Admit it, at one point in your life, the kid in you has always wanted to sleep in a treehouse! If you disagree, then all the more that you should give it a try and see how fun it can be. Laiya Cocogrove lets you fulfill childhood fantasies of adventure. Simultaneously, it's accessible to a lot of Batangas' finest white sand beaches. You don't even need to worry about getting out of your comfort zone because the treehouse is also air-conditioned. Time to take a chance and try something new!
For a preview of my experience at Laiya Cocogrove, watch this video:
HOW TO GET THERE
By Private Vehicle
From Metro Manila, take the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) which ends in Calamba. There is a 7km stretch up to the Sto. Tomas entry to the Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR Tollway), which now extends up to Batangas City.
1. Continue along the STAR Tollway to the San Jose, Ibaan Exit 11kms. of road that narrows to a 2-lane highway just after the Lipa City Exit.
2. Take the San Jose / Ibaan exit turning left to Ibaan, following the main national road, you will travel through Rosario up to San Juan
By Public Transportation
From Makati Area
1. Board a Southbound bus to Lipa City at the Taft Avenue LRT-Buendia Bus Station | Fare = PHP 124 (air-conditioned bus)
2. At Lipa City JAM Bus Station walking distance to your left you will find vans waiting for passengers to San Juan. Tell the driver to stop at the San Juan Public Market | Fare = PHP 60
3. At San Juan Public Market - Jeepneys are lined-up for Laiya. They all know Laiya Coco Grove and will drop you off at the resort main entrance | Fare = PHP 35 (The driver will ask for an additional PHP 5 to drop you off right at the resort).
From Quezon City Area
1. Board a Southbound - To Lucena (JAM or JAC Bus) at Kamuning/Kamias Edsa Quezon City | Fare (approximately) = PHP 200 (air-conditioned bus)
2. At Candelaria-Quezon, tell the bus conductor to stop at Sambat.
3. At Sambat, jeepneys are lined up to go to San Juan | Fare = PHP 24
4. At San Juan Public Market terminal across Manolo's Mini Mart - Jeepneys are lined-up, they all know Laiya Coco Grove | Fare = PHP35
* Estimated Travel Time: 2-3 hours
* For more directions, visit their website: Laiya Coco Grove Maps & Location
Tel. Nos. (+632) 894 1057 | 892 6009
ACCOMMODATIONS AND RATES
JB and I booked the Couple Cabin Tree house good for 2 people which costs PHP 2,400 per night.
Photo from Laiya Coco Grove website
Coffee, Cream and Sugar
Toiletries (shampoo, soap, dental kit, lotion)
Shared Toilet and Bath
Check In Time at 2:00 pm
Check Out Time at 12:00 pm
Breakfast Buffet at 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Lunch Buffet at 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Dinner Buffet at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
For more details on their accommodations, visit their website: Laiya Coco Grove Rooms
WHAT TO DO
Explore the seaside accommodations and tree houses
The treehouses are limited. There aren't a lot of rooms nearby so it feels more secluded.
The balcony overlooks the nearby beach. This photo was taken early morning so it was still low tide.
As seen in the photo, there's an actual tree trunk in the room!
Photo from Laiya Coco Grove website
Jump like crazy on the trampoline
This was the first thing I did after our breakfast buffet. It wasn't my wisest decision but I have no regrets.
Thank you to my boyfriend for supporting my childish ways
Although there are beaches, you also have the option to lounge and swim in the pools of the resort
Photo from Laiya Coco Grove Website
Go to the Beach
Laiya Cocogrove has its own beach but sometimes it can get extremely low tide. I suggest that you take a free shuttle from the resort and visit White Cove.
The beach is clean and depopulated — which feels like a luxury when visiting tourist spots
Relax at the nearby huts
Unlike other beaches, these huts are free of charge
We brought bluetooth speakers for this trip so we wasted away the afternoon just talking and listening to island songs
Watch the Sunset
Sunsets are always beautiful; even more so when you experience it with a loved one
Jb and I wanted a quiet weekend of just relaxing by the beach so we didn't really try other activities. However, Laiya Cocogrove does offer a variety of activities such as kayaking, bangka rides, banana boat, parasailing and etc. To know more, visit: Laiya Coco Grove Activities
Pay a visit to Laiya Cocogrove as well and take the time to slow down and just relax. I have no doubts that you'll surely enjoy your stay as well.
Time to make your own memories! Happy Travels!